Holiday Themed Gluten Free French Toast Recipe
French Toast has always been one of my favorite meals. Though, since finding out I was allergic to gluten, I wasn’t able to find any at restaurants, nor did I find any good bread to create it with!
Well after nearly two years, I finally decided to give it another go and came up with this recipe. Hope you enjoy!
For this gluten free french toast, we used Canyon Bakehouse breads. Their breads are pretty durable and don’t fall apart while coating the pieces. They also don’t have massive holes in the middle of each loaf. And of course, they taste good. Definitely worth checking out if you’ve had trouble finding decent gluten free bread in the past. They have a great variety of gluten free breads including: Mountain White, Deli Rye, San Juan 7-Grain, Rosemary and Thyme Focaccia, and more. View all Canyon Bakehouse Products here.
Without further ado…
How to Make Gluten Free French Toast
Below are the steps and ingredients required to make this holiday themed gluten free french toast. You can substitute many of the ingredients with your own favorite brands depending on your taste preferences.
Here is a video version for anyone who would prefer that.
- x8 Gluten Free Bread (we used this bread from Canyon Bakehouse)
- x4 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Spice Mix (Cinnamon, Sugar, Allspice)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (we used this gluten free Vanilla Extract from McCormick)
- Gather 8-10 slices of gluten free bread and set aside on a plate.
- Mix 4 eggs and 1/4 cup milk in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs finely, then mix in sugar and spice mix along with the gluten free vanilla extract.
- Move batter into a flat cake pan or glass pan where you can coat the bread.
- Heat stovetop to medium heat and add 1/3 tablespoon butter to pan or flat top.
- Coat bread evenly and heat on pan for 3-5 minutes per side. Goal is to cook until golden brown.
- Once golden brown and fully cooked, remove from stove and let cool for a few minutes.
- Then add syrup, whipped cream, and/or any other toppings you’d like.
- Enjoy. 🙂
More Gluten Free Recipes
Find more ideas for gluten free meals, drinks, snacks, and more.