We just covered Fudgsicles, so we thought it would be a good time to cover Popsicles too, considering they are the parent company after all. Popsicles is the home to a large number of popular, and delicious ice cream and dessert brands.
Related: Are Creamsicle Bars Gluten Free?
Let’s find out if the original Popsicles products are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
Are Popsicles Gluten Free?
This is Popsicle’s official response to the question: ‘Are Popsicle® products gluten free? At this time, all Popsicle® products are not considered to be gluten-free Popsicles, but we’re working hard on the process to earn this certification. In the meantime, we recommend always checking the nutrition facts, ingredient list, and any “may contain” statements on our boxes before consuming.’
However; just because the products are not certified, does not mean they include wheat/gluten. Many of their products do not list this allergen on their SmartLabel ingredients or allergens page. Here is more of what Popsicle had to say in regards to allergens: ‘It is the Popsicle® brand’s policy that when any of the eight most common allergens (milk, eggs, fish, wheat, tree nuts, peanuts, soybeans and crustaceans) occur in any of our products they will be listed inside the ingredient statement in plain language. We do not use the terms “natural” or “artificial flavorings” to hide the existence of any allergens. We do not have dedicated production lines in our manufacturing facilities for products containing allergens. We have special handling procedures for all allergenic ingredients used in our manufacturing facilities.’
Therefore we’ve listed all the products that are free from wheat/gluten below. And we’ve also made a separate list to show you all the products that showed wheat as an allergen. To help you when getting Popsicle products.
Popsicle Products without Wheat/Gluten Ingredients:
All of the products listed below showed no wheat/gluten allergens on SmartLabel.
- Popsicle® Orange/Cherry/Grape
- Popsicle® Rainbow, Lemonade/Blue Raspberry/Strawberry/Watermelon
- Popsicle® Firecracker®, Cherry/Lemon/Blue Raspberry
- Popsicle® Crayola® Scribblers
- Popsicle® Sugar Free Orange, Cherry, Grape
- Popsicle® Sugar Free Tropicals, Hawaiian Pineapple/Tropical Orange/Caribbean Fruit Punch
- Popsicle® Disney Frozen Minis
- Popsicle® Jolly Rancher™, Cherry/Green Apple/Grape/Blue Raspberry
- Popsicle® SpongeBob Squarepants™ PopUps® (contains milk)
- Popsicle® SpongeBob SquarePants™
- Popsicle, Rainbow, Grape, Strawberry, Apple, Orange, Pineapple Flavored Ice Pop
- Popsicle, Pop Ups, Frozen Dairy Dessert, Orange Burst, Orange Flavored (contains milk)
- Popsicle, Pop Ups, Rainbow, Frozen Dairy Dessert, Raspberry, Orange, & Lemon-Lime, Flavored (contains milk)
- Popsicle, Long Lasting Lick-A-Color, Super Sour, Ice Pops, Watermelon, Cherry, Apple, & Lemon
- Popsicle, Big Stick, Naturally and Artificially Flavored Cherry, Lemon and Blue Raspberry Ice Pop.
- Popsicle, Big Stick, Ice Pops, Cherry Pineapple, Artificially Flavored
- Popsicle® Scribblers®
- Fudgsicles – See more in our full article about Fudgsicles.
Popsicle Products that CONTAIN Wheat/Gluten Ingredients:
None of the products in this list below are gluten free. These are all of the Popsicle products we could find that listed wheat/gluten allergens on SmartLabel.
- Popsicle® Minions™, Strawberry Banana/Blue Raspberry
- Popsicle® Minions™, Bello Yellow/Strawberry Banana/Compai Blue Raspberry
- Popsicle® Fruit Twister – Strawberry, Blueberry & Vanilla Swirl
- Popsicle® Fruit Twister – Peach, Raspberry & Vanilla Swirl
- Popsicle® Fruit Twister – Mango, Strawberry & Vanilla Swirl
- Popsicle, Cyclone, Ice Pop, Strawberry and Lemon, Naturally and Artificially Flavored
Popsicle Products that we could not find enough information for:
These are all of the products we could not find ingredients/allergens on SmartLabel for.
- Popsicle® PAW Patrol Ice Pops
Are Minions Popsicles Gluten Free?
Photo: Popsicle website
With the craze for the new Minions movie taking over the globe, some of our readers are wondering…
Are the new Minions Popsicles products gluten free like other Popsicles? Unfortunately, no they are not. Minions Popsicles contain wheat as a listed allergen. You can see the full list of ingredients on SmartLabel.
Photo: Popsicle website
Popsicle Orange/Cherry/Grape Ingredients
Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Less Than 2% Of: Sugar, Guar Gum, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Beet Juice (For Color), Vegetable Juice (For Color), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Natural And, Artificial Flavor, Grape Juice Concentrate, Turmeric Oleoresin (for Color), Annatto Extract (For Color), Cherry Juice Concentrate, Locust Bean Gum
Popsicle Orange/Cherry/Grape Nutritional Facts
Serv. Size: 1 Bar (71g), Servings per container 6, Amount Per Serving: Calories 100, Total Fat 2g, Sodium 30mg, Total Carb. 20g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 12g, Protein 1g.
Learn more about Popsicle products and find ingredients, nutritional facts, and allergens for all Popsicle products on their official website: https://www.popsicle.com/