Bertucci’s is an Italian restaurant chain based in the United States that offers dine-in, take-out, and delivery. They offer pizza, pasta, salads, entrees, chicken wings, beverages, alcohol, and more.
Bertucci’s was founded by Joey Crugnale in Davis Square, Somerville, Massachusetts, in 1981. Since then, the Bertucci’s chain has expanded to almost 50 locations in the New England and Northeast area, including restaurants in Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvani, Rhode Island, and Virginia.
Let’s find out what kind of gluten free options this Italian restaurant chain has!
Related: Olive Garden Gluten Free Menu
What is gluten free at Bertucci’s?
In this article and guide, we’ll highlight all the gluten free menu items, sides, and other gf options available at Bertucci’s. Bertucci’s shares this statement on their FAQs page:
DOES BERTUCCI’S HAVE A GLUTEN-FREE MENU?
At Bertucci’s, we strive to be mindful of a variety of dietary restrictions, including gluten allergies and sensitivities. Please click here to find BERTUCCI’S GLUTEN-SENSITIVE Italian food menu.
Bertucci’s prepared this menu to meet the needs of guests following a gluten-sensitive diet. The foods on this menu are inherently gluten-free, though these items may not be suitable for the most highly sensitive or gluten-intolerant guests. While we take steps to avoid cross-contamination, we operate a scratch kitchen with shared cooking and preparation areas — including our brick ovens — so we are unable to guarantee or eliminate all possible cross-contamination. Bertucci’s is not “certified gluten-free,” and our core pasta and pizza dough products contain gluten. Please carefully consider your dining choices and individual dietary needs when dining with us.
Bertucci’s Gluten Free Menu
These are all the gluten free options we could find at Bertucci’s. Note all items listed below do not contain wheat or gluten, based on information we found from their menu and website.
Notice anything missing or incorrect? Leave a comment below. This article was last updated: March 2, 2023
None of the starter options at Bertucci’s are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
Soups & Salads
These are all of the soup and salad options at Bertucci’s that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Lentil Soup
- Italian Sausage
- Farmhouse Salad
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Balsamic Fig Glaze
Brick Oven Baked Pasta
None of the brick oven baked pasta options at Bertucci’s are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
None of the pasta options at Bertucci’s are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
These are all of the entree options at Bertucci’s that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Chicken Bruschetta
These are all of the pizza options at Bertucci’s that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients. Must tell server and order as small pizza on Bertucci’s gluten-sensitive cauliflower pizza crust.
- Classic Margherita
- Sausage, Mushrooms & Onions
- Roasted Vegetable
- Roasted Chicken & Broccoli
- Craft Your Own
These are all of the chicken wing options at Bertucci’s that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Tuscan Wings
- Buffalo Wings
- Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Honey Chili Wings
These are all of the side options at Bertucci’s that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- Tuscan Vegetables
These are all of the drink options at Bertucci’s that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Diet Coke
- Gold Peak Sweet Tea
- Dasani Water
These are all of the alcohol options at Bertucci’s that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio
- Ruffino Chianti
- Kendall Jackson Chardonnay
- Ford Coppola Votre Sante
Photo: Bertucci’s Facebook page
Items to Avoid at Bertucci’s
- No pastas are listed on the gluten sensitive menu.
- No desserts are listed on the gluten sensitive menu.
- No kids menu items are listed on the gluten sensitive menu.
Summary of Gluten Free Menu Options at Bertucci’s
Pro tips and a quick summary of everything gluten free at Bertucci’s
- When you order at the restaurant or on the app for delivery/pickup, tell them you have an allergy or Celiac Disease so they take precautions with your food.
- Bertucci’s has a limited menu for gluten free options and the environment is prone to cross-contamination with pizza and pastas in the kitchen/brick ovens. If you have Celiac Disease or a gluten allergy, this is a risky environment.
- Bertucci’s has a 2 star rating on Find Me Gluten Free with over 20+ ratings from customers. Generally, the reviews mention that the prices were really expensive for gluten free options and it was easy to get sick. A few people mentioned having good experiences here though, so it really depends on the location.
- Personal experiences here are unknown. I will update this post if I get the chance to try Bertucci’s sometime.
Photo: Bertucci’s Facebook page
More Information about Bertucci’s
Looking for additional information about Bertucci’s, their foods, and nutritional/ingredients facts? Here are some resources we’ve found:
- Official Bertucci’s Menu: https://www.bertuccis.com/menu/dinner/
- Official Bertucci’s Nutritional Menus: https://www.bertuccis.com/nutritional-menus/