Carl’s Jr. is a fast food restaurant chain offering burgers, chicken sandwiches, fries, chicken tenders, and more.
There are over 1,100 Carl’s Jr. restaurants around the world, with more than 300 dual-branded Carl’s Jr./Green Burrito® units.
What is gluten free at Carl’s Jr.?
In this article and guide, we’ll highlight all the gluten free menu items, sides, and other gf options available at Carl’s Jr. Want to learn more nutrition facts about Carl’s Jr. foods? Check out their nutritional info at this PDF.
Carl’s Jr. Gluten Free Menu
These are all the gluten free options we could find at Carl’s Jr. Note all items listed below do not contain wheat or gluten, based on the Carl’s Jr. Menu. These items still have the potential for cross contamination and other traces of gluten, so please keep that in mind.
Notice anything missing or incorrect? Leave a comment below. This article was last updated: November 7, 2021
These are all of the burger options at Carl’s Jr. that do not contain wheat/gluten ingredients. Just make sure you order the lettuce wrap and tell them no bun due to your gluten allergy.
- Double Cheeseburger
- Jalapeno Double Cheeseburger
- California Classic Double Cheeseburger
- Monster Angus Thickburger
- Famous Star with Cheese
- Beyond Famous Star with Cheese
- Super Star with Cheese
- The Big Carl
- The Really Big Carl
- Big Hamburger
- Original Angus Burger
- The Guacamole Bacon Angus Burger
- Jalapeno Angus Burger
These are all of the side options at Carl’s Jr. that do not contain wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Natural-Cut French Fries*
* Fried in same fryers as a lot of gluten ingredients.
These are all of the dessert options at Carl’s Jr. that do not contain wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Hand-Scooped Ice Cream Shakes – Vanilla
- Hand-Scooped Ice Cream Shakes – Chocolate
- Hand-Scooped Ice Cream Shakes – Strawberry
These are all of the other ingredients options at Carl’s Jr. that do not contain wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Coke de Mexico
These are all of the sauce options at Carl’s Jr. that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- Buffalo Sauce
- Sweet & Bold BBQ Sauce
- Buttermilk Ranch
- Honey Mustard
These are all of the beverage options at Carl’s Jr. that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- Diet Coke
- Cherry Coke
- Coke Zero
- Dr Pepper
- Diet Dr Pepper
- Barq’s Root Beer
- Powerade Mountain Blast
- Dasani Bottled Water
- 100% Arabica Coffee
- Decaf Coffee
- Simply Orange
- 1% Milk
- Chocolate Milk
- Vanilla Cold Brew*
- Regular Cold Brew*
* Limited information provided about ingredients, ask about gluten/wheat.
Photo: Carl’s Jr. Facebook page
Items to Avoid at Carl’s Jr.
These items all contain gluten or have a very high risk for gluten contamination:
- Pretty much everything has gluten or wheat at Carl’s Jr. unfortunately.
- The fries may be safe, but being in the same fryer as all the other items, it is risky.
- You can also get the burgers with a lettuce wrap, but be careful for cross contamination on the grill.
Summary of Gluten Free Menu Options at Carl’s Jr.
Pro tips and a quick summary of everything gluten free at Carl’s Jr.
- When you order at the store or on the app, tell them you have an allergy or Celiac Disease so they take precautions with your food.
- The sauces and beverages are the only confirmed safe ingredients. The fries and lettuce wrapped burgers are available but have a higher risk of cross contamination.
- Carl’s Jr. has pretty good reviews on the Find Me Gluten Free app. The reviews are positive rating at 4 stars average, but there are limited reviews with only eight total. Most people mention the lettuce wrap burgers.
- Personal experiences here are unknown currently. I will update this post if I ever try Carl’s Jr.
Source: Carl’s Jr. Facebook page
More Information about Carl’s Jr.
Looking for additional information about Carl’s Jr., their foods, and nutritional/ingredients facts? Here are some resources we’ve found:
- Official Carl’s Jr. menu: https://www.carlsjr.com/menu
- Official Carl’s Jr. Nutrition PDF: https://www.carlsjr.com/-/media/project/cke/carlsjr/usnutritionvaluescarlsjr.pdf