The sooner you find out, the sooner you can adjust your diet and lifestyle to keep yourself healthy.
To help you out, we’ve found this infographic from Beyond Celiac that shows you fast facts about Celiac and how it may affect you. Review this visual and share with your friends who are wondering if an allergy to gluten is the cause of their stomach and digestive problems.
Celiac Disease Key Statistics
Celiac Disease and gluten intolerance affect more people than you might think. Here are some key statistics and figures from various government and health agencies to give you an idea of the severity of this disease.
- About 1 in 100 people (roughly 1% of the world population) have Celiac Disease. (source)
- CD is more common in Western Populations (North America, Europe). (source)
- CD is more rare in African, Asian, and Latin American populations. (source)
- Roughly 7.5% of the world population experiences gluten sensitivity of some kind. (source)
- The global gluten free food retail market is around $4-5 billion and is expected to grow 2-4x by 2025. (source)
Find more helpful articles, infographics, and resources about Celiac Disease and gluten intolerance.