Cheerios are an iconic brand of breakfast cereal that has become a family favorite. It is owned by General Mills and declares Cheerios as “wholesome goodness” that is “perfect for toddlers to adults and everyone in-between”.
It is a healthy breakfast and snack item that brings the benefits of wholesome oats, low sugar, and essential vitamins and minerals into your diet.
But is this healthy breakfast option gluten-free.
Let’s find out.
Are Cheerios Gluten-Free?
The Answer is: YES* (Thanks to General Mills’ gluten-free initiative)
*We have listed all the current Cheerios Product List below and highlighted the ones which are gluten-free. Cheerios have made a huge effort to take into the account the growing population who are opting for a gluten-free lifestyle, some through no fault of their own. Cheerios is an ideal choice of cereal if you are sensitive to gluten and seeking a gluten-free option.
Cheerios believe that “Gluten-Free Matters” and clearly state the following on a dedicated gluten-free section of the official website:
We know that lots of different families want to enjoy Cheerios together. That’s why we worked hard to remove stray wheat, rye, and barley grains from our oat supply. Now Cheerios still have the same great taste, but they’re also gluten-free.
Cheerios Product List
- Cheerios Originals – gluten-free
- Apple Cinnamon Cheerios – gluten-free
- Cheerios Ancient Grains – contains wheat and is not gluten-free
- Cheerios Peach – gluten-free
- Cheerios Protein Cinnamon Almond – contains wheat and is not gluten-free
- Cheerios Protein Oats and Honey – contains wheat and is not gluten-free
- Chocolate Cheerios – gluten-free
- Frosted Cheerios – gluten-free
- Fruity Cheerios – gluten-free
- Honey Nut Cheerios – gluten-free
- Honey Nut Cheerios Medley Crunch – contains wheat and is not gluten-free
- Multi Grain Cheerios – gluten-free
- Very Berry Cheerios – gluten-free
Cheerios Originals Ingredients
Whole Grain Oats, Corn Starch, Sugar, Salt, Tripotassium Phosphate. Vitamin E (mixed tocopherols) Added to Preserve Freshness.
Vitamins and Minerals
Calcium Carbonate, Iron and Zinc (mineral nutrients), Vitamin C (sodium ascorbate), A B Vitamin (niacinamide), Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride), Vitamin A (palmitate), Vitamin B1 (thiamin mononitrate), A B Vitamin (folic acid), Vitamin B12, Vitamin D3.
For more information on Cheerios and to get access to the nutrition facts of each product, head over to the official website here: cheerios.com