I recently wanted to find a way to get meals delivered because I’m not that great at cooking. In my search, I came across tons of options.
Then a few days later some retargeting ads (on Facebook) caught my attention for a brand called Freshly.
Freshly is a meal delivery service that offers ‘chef-prepared meals’ delivered weekly or at various intervals to your house. It’s a really cool idea and having so many gluten free options, I thought it would be awesome to try.
This is my honest review of the Freshly service and the quality of the meals. It’s not long and drawn out, just a few bullet points and some reasoning behind the rating. Scroll further down to see some photos and find out which meals were my favorite!
Overall Rating: 7/10
Reasons for rating:
- Meals are pretty tasty and I could find what I wanted, plenty of gluten free options and different meal choices.
- Saves a lot of time from having to go to the grocery store, plan meals, cook. When I have a busy week these meals are a lifesaver.
- You can skip weeks and don’t have to get the same foods. Lots of fun options and they seem to update the menu often too.
- (-2 points) Reason for the deduction was the cost. It’s a tad expensive for the size of the meals, but still a lot cheaper than going out.
- (-1 points) Another reason was that some, 1-2 of my meals, were kind of bad or didn’t come out great.
Photos from some of the meals.
My Favorite Freshly Meals
Freshly has a pretty good variety, but in my second week I choose a few doubles because I just loved those meals so much. My favorite meals from Freshly are:
Homestyle Chicken – amazing gluten free breading on the chicken and delicious mac & cheese
Pulled Pork Al-Pastor – really flavorful pulled pork with pineapples and corn, delicious seasoning
Hot Chicken Bowl – wish it was spicier, but this chicken bowl is delicious
Almond Ginger Chicken Bowl – another delicious chicken bowl, be sure to add Sriracha
Swede-ish Meatballs – tasty swedish meatballs with potatoes and gravy
More photos from the Freshly website
Want to save $40? Sign up to try Freshly here.