Hardee’s is an American fast food chain with over 1750 locations around the United States. They serve a large variety of foods like burgers, fries, chicken sandwiches, tenders, and more. They also offer biscuits and burritos for breakfast time. Their menu is eerily similar to Carl’s Jr. Probably because they are owned by the same company, CKE Restaurants Holdings Inc.
What is gluten free at Hardee’s?
In this article and guide, we’ll highlight all the gluten free menu items, sides, and other gf options available at Hardee’s. Want to learn more nutrition facts about Hardee’s foods? Check out their nutritional info at this PDF.
Hardee’s Gluten Free Menu
These are all the gluten free options we could find at Hardee’s. Note all items listed below do not contain wheat or gluten, based on the Hardee’s menu. These items still have the potential for cross contamination and other traces of gluten, so please keep that in mind.
Notice anything missing or incorrect? Leave a comment below. This article was last updated: November 7, 2021
These are all of the burger options at Hardees that do not contain wheat/gluten ingredients. Just make sure you order the lettuce wrap and tell them no bun due to your gluten allergy.
- Original Thickburger
- Original Beyond Thickburger
- Mushroom & Swiss Thickburger*
- Bacon Cheese Thickburger
- Famous Star with Cheese
- Super Star with Cheese
- The Big Hardee
- The Really Big Hardee
- Big Cheeseburger
- Original Angus Burger
- Monster Angus Burger
- Bacon & Cheese Angus Burger
- Frisco Angus Burger
- Frisco Thickburger
- Double Cheeseburger
- Small Hamburger
- Small Cheeseburger
Chicken & More
These are all of the chicken and more options at Hardees that do not contain wheat/gluten ingredients. Just make sure you order the lettuce wrap and tell them no bun due to your gluten allergy.
- Charbroiled BBQ Chicken Sandwich
- Charbroiled Chicken Club Sandwich
- Original Hot Ham ‘N’ Cheese
- Big Hot Ham ‘N’ Cheese
- Original Roast Beef Sandwich
- Big Roast Beef
- Monster Roast Beef
These are all of the red burrito options at Hardees that do not contain wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Chicken Bowl
- Beef Bowl
- Chips & Salsa
- Sour Cream
These are all of the side options at Hardee’s that do not contain wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Natural-Cut French Fries*
- Side Salad
- Mashed Potatoes
- Green Beans
- Cole Slaw
* Fried in same fryers as a lot of gluten ingredients.
These are all of the dessert options at Hardee’s that do not contain wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Hand-Scooped Ice Cream Shakes – Vanilla
- Hand-Scooped Ice Cream Shakes – Chocolate
- Hand-Scooped Ice Cream Shakes – Strawberry
These are all of the sauce options at Hardee’s that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- Honey Mustard
- Smoky BBQ
- Buttermilk Herb Ranch
These are all of the beverage options at Hardee’s that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- Diet Coke
- Cherry Coke
- Coke Zero
- Dr Pepper
- Diet Dr Pepper
- Hi-C Orange
- Mello Yello
- Sweet Tea
- Iced Tea
- Dasani Bottled Water
- Rise and Shine Coffee
- Simply Orange
- 1% Milk
- Chocolate Milk
Photo: Hardee’s Facebook page
Items to Avoid at Hardee’s
These items all contain gluten or have a very high risk for gluten contamination:
- The hash rounds contain wheat. The crispy curly fries contain wheat.
- The fries may be safe, but being in the same fryer as all the other items, it is risky.
- You can also get the burgers and some sandwiches with a lettuce wrap, but be careful for cross contamination on the grill.
- All tacos options contain gluten and a lot of other Red Burrito options contain gluten so be cautious.
- All nachos options contain gluten.
Summary of Gluten Free Menu Options at Hardee’s
Pro tips and a quick summary of everything gluten free at Hardee’s
- When you order at the store or on the app, tell them you have an allergy or Celiac Disease so they take precautions with your food.
- Hardee’s has more options than Carl’s Jr. You can get the chicken or beef bowl, some sides from Red Burrito, and a lot of the burgers with a lettuce wrap.
- Hardee’s has pretty limited, but good reviews on the Find Me Gluten Free app. The good reviews mentioned lettuce wraps and good practices. The single star reviews all mentioned staff not understanding gluten free.
- Personal experiences here are unknown currently. I will update this post if I ever try Hardee’s.
Source: Hardee’s Facebook page
More Information about Hardee’s
Looking for additional information about Hardee’s, their foods, and nutritional/ingredients facts? Here are some resources we’ve found:
- Official Hardee’s menu: https://www.hardees.com/menu
- Official Hardee’s Nutrition PDF: https://www.hardees.com/-/media/project/cke/hardees/usnutritionvalueshardees.pdf