In-N-Out is one of the most popular burger chains in America, primarily residing on the West coast. Known for their delicious burgers, famous animal style fries, and shakes! There are over 350 In-N-Out locations throughout the United States, with the majority in California.
What is gluten free at In-N-Out?
In this article and guide, we’ll highlight all the gluten free menu items, sides, and other gf options available at In-N-Out Burger. Want to learn more nutrition facts about In-N-Out’s foods? Check out their nutrition info here.
In-N-Out Gluten Free Menu
These are all the gluten free options we could find at In-N-Out. Note all items listed below do not contain wheat or gluten, based on the In-N-Out menu and allergens guide. These items still have the potential for cross contamination and other traces of gluten, so please keep that in mind.
Notice anything missing or incorrect? Leave a comment below. This article was last updated: September 8, 2021
These are all of the hamburger/cheeseburger options at In-N-Out that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients. Getting the ‘Protein Style’ ensures your burger will be wrapped in lettuce. Be sure to tell them you have an allergy so they change their gloves!
- Protein Style Hamburger
- Protein Style Cheeseburger
- Protein Style Double Double
These are all of the side options at In-N-Out that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- French Fries
- Cheese Fries
** Animal Style Fries do not contain any wheat/gluten, but the grilled onions may be exposed to gluten from the hamburger buns on the grill.
These are all of the condiment options at In-N-Out that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- Onions (ask for raw onions or grilled separately)
- Chopped Chilis
These are all of the shakes at In-N-Out that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
These are all of the drink options at In-N-Out that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- Diet Coke
- Dr Pepper
- Barq’s Root Beer
- Barq’s Caffeine Free Root Beer
- Pink Lemonade
- Minute Maid Zero Sugar Lemonade
- Sweet Tea
- Iced Tea
Source: In-N-Out Burger Facebook
Items to Avoid at In-N-Out
These items all contain gluten or have a very high risk for gluten contamination:
- Grilled onions may be contaminated from the buns on the grill, so animal style fries are questionable.
- In-N-Out does not have a gluten free bun, so always make sure to get Protein Style.
- Ask for mayo packets to avoid getting cross-contamination.
- The hot-cocoa and marshmallows are not confirmed gluten free.
Summary of Gluten Free Menu Options at In-N-Out
Pro tips and a quick summary of everything gluten free at In-N-Out
- When you order at the drive-through, in-store, or even online, tell them you have an allergy or Celiac Disease so they take precautions with your food, shakes , and sides.
- The burgers are really good wrapped in lettuce. I love their sauce. I didn’t like the fries that much, they were bland. But they are also gluten free! I didn’t have any reactions after In-N-Out.
- In-N-Out Burger has 260+ ratings on Find Me Gluten Free with an average of 4.5 stars indicating an excellent experience for most gluten free customers. Many people remarked about the dedicated gluten free fryers for french fries and the delicious protein style burgers!
Source: In-N-Out Burger Facebook
More Information about In-N-Out
Looking for additional information about In-N-Out, their foods, and nutritional/ingredients facts? Here are some resources we’ve found:
- Official In-N-Out Menu: https://www.in-n-out.com/menu
- Official In-N-Out Nutrition Info page: https://www.in-n-out.com/menu/nutrition-info
- Official In-N-Out Allergens PDF: https://www.in-n-out.com/docs/default-source/downloads/menuallergenchart2020.pdf?sfvrsn=1d0781fb_8