Coffee-mate is a powdered coffee whitener product that enables you to make rich, creamy coffee drinks without the use of milk. It is produced by Nestle, who also produce a range of coffee products including Nescafé Gold Blend & Nescafé Dolce Gusto.
Also known as a “non-dairy creamer”, Coffee-mate is America’s leading coffee creamer and comes in both liquid & powdered forms.
As many Coeliacs also suffer from lactose intolerance, lactose-free coffee creamers are an excellent alternative for making milky coffee drinks at home.
But are these Coffee-mate varieties also suitable for Coeliacs? Let’s find out…
Is Nestlé Coffee-Mate Gluten Free?
The answer is: Yes*
*According to the Nestlé Gluten Avoidance PDF (found here), Coffee-mate is gluten free.
However, there is a wide variety of Coffee-mate flavours (listed below), with different varieties available in different countries.
On the Coffee-mate FAQs page, the company recommends always checking the packaging for the most up-to-date allergen information.
They do, however, explicitly state that Coffee-mate Natural Bliss products are gluten free (screenshot).
Coffee-mate flavours include:
- Original Fat Free
- French Vanilla
- French Vanilla Fat Free
- Hazelnut Fat Free
- Italian Sweet Creme
- Vanilla Caramel
- Creme Brûlée
- Cinnamon Vanilla Creme
- Coconut Creme
- Café Mocha
- Toasted Marshmallow Mocha
- Coconut Caramel Latte
- The Cheesecake Factory At Home Strawberry Cheesecake
- Peppermint Mocha
- Maple Latte
- Caramel Latte
- Dove Dark Chocolate Almond
- Butterscotch Latte
- Pumpkin Spice
- Red Velvet
- Natural Bliss Vanilla Almond Milk
- Natural Bliss Caramel Almond Milk
- Natural Bliss Hazelnut Almond Milk
- Natural Bliss Dark Chocolate Peppermint
- Natural Bliss Pumpkin Spice
- Artisan Café Belgian Chocolate
- Artisan Café Himalayan Salted Caramel
- Artisan Café Tahitian Vanilla