Jersey Mike’s is a rising sub franchise in the United States that is starting to gain some market share in the sandwich business. Jersey Mike’s has over 2000 locations around the US and Canada, and is quickly expanding. It’s a good time to take a look at their menu and see what kinds of options they have for people with gluten allergies, intolerances, or Celiac Disease.
What is gluten free at Jersey Mike’s?
In this article and guide, we’ll highlight all the gluten free menu items, sides, and other gf options available at Jersey Mike’s. Want to learn more nutrition facts about Jersey Mike’s foods? Check out the nutritional information here.
Jersey Mike’s shares the following statement when ordering:
‘Gluten-Free Bread Available in these sizes: Regular, Giant
Prepared in the same space as gluten-containing subs, unintended cross-contamination possible.’
Jersey Mike’s Gluten Free Menu
These are all the gluten free options we could find at Jersey Mike’s. Note all items listed below do not contain wheat or gluten, based on the Jersey Mike’s menu and nutritional facts. These items still have the potential for cross contamination and other traces of gluten, so please keep that in mind.
Notice anything missing or incorrect? Leave a comment below. This article was last updated: March 21, 2023
These are all of the submarine options at Jersey Mike’s that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients. Jersey Mike’s offers the Udi’s Gluten Free Sub Roll products to get with any sub. Just specify this when ordering and tell them you have an allergy.
- Ham & Provolone
- Roast Beef & Provolone
- Turkey & Provolone
- Tuna Fish
- The Veggie
- Jersey Shore’s Favorite
- The Super Sub
- The Original Italian
- Club Sub
- Club Supreme
- Portabella Mushroom & Swiss
- The Number Four
- Stickball Special
- Cancro Special
- California Club
These are all of the cheese steak options at Jersey Mike’s that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients. Jersey Mike’s offers the Udi’s Gluten Free Sub Roll products to get with any sub. Just specify this when ordering and tell them you have an allergy.
- Mike’s Chicken Philly
- Chicken Bacon Ranch
- Chipotle Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken
- Big Kahuna Chicken
- Mike’s Famous Philly
- The Big Kahuna
These are all of the topping options at Jersey Mike’s that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Chipotle Mayo
- BBQ Sauce
- Banana Peppers
- Jalapeño Peppers
- Dill Pickles
- Cherry Pepper Relish
- Yellow Mustard
- Honey Mustard
- Grilled Portabella Mushroom
These are all of the side options at Jersey Mike’s that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Lays Classic Chips
- Doritos Nacho Chips
- Miss Vickie’s Sea Salt Chips
- Miss Vickie’s Sea Salt & Vinegar Chips
- Miss Vickie’s Jalapeño Chips
- Miss Vickie’s BBQ Chips
These are all of the dessert options at Jersey Mike’s that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- GF SnickerDoodle
These are all of the drink options at Jersey Mike’s that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Pure Leaf Tea
- Pepsi Fountain Products
- Stubborn Soda
- Pepsi Bottled Products
Photo: Jersey Mike’s Facebook page
Items to Avoid at Jersey Mike’s
- Jersey Mike’s is one of the safer sub chains for gluten free options. They have a partnership with Udi’s to provide regular and giant sized subs that are gluten free. The only major risk is the cross contamination, but many workers at this chain understand allergens and are willing to switch gloves, knives, etc.
- We cannot confirm any ingredients for the Teriyaki, so we are unsure about this or any subs that contain it.
- Watch out for common utensils used with mayo, sauces, cutting bread, etc.
Summary of Gluten Free Menu Options at Jersey Mike’s
Pro tips and a quick summary of everything gluten free at Jersey Mike’s
- When you order at the store or on the app for delivery/pickup, tell them you have an allergy or Celiac Disease so they take precautions with your food.
- Jersey Mike’s has a very high rating on Find Me Gluten Free with 4.5 stars and over 1000 reviews! This is not common for restaurant chains, so I would say that Jersey Mike’s is doing something right for the gluten free community! Reviewers stated that the staff would make subs away from gluten, changed gloves, were friendly, etc.
- Personal experiences here are ok. I love that Jersey Mike’s has gluten free options, but I remember being extremely disappointed last visit because of how expensive it was. A full size gluten free sub was costly, and very small. I will have to give them another try so I can add more information about my experiences with this chain.
Photo: Jersey Mike’s Facebook page
More Information about Jersey Mike’s
Looking for additional information about Jersey Mike’s, their foods, and nutritional/ingredients facts? Here are some resources we’ve found:
- Official Jersey Mike’s Menu: https://www.jerseymikes.com/menu
- Official Jersey Mike’s Nutrition & Allergens Tool: https://www.jerseymikes.com/menu/nutrition
- Official Jersey Mike’s Takeout Menu: https://www.jerseymikes.com/media/static/menu/Jersey-Mikes-Takeout-Menu.pdf