Ketel One is a premium vodka with a sophisticated taste that is inspired by over 300 years of family experience.
It is produced by the Nolet Distillery in Schiedam, the Netherlands and is distilled from 100% wheat in copper pot stills, filtered over loose charcoal, and rests in tile lined tanks until ready.
Ketel One is a vodka brand you can find at most bars and restaurants so a lot of people are wondering:
Is Ketel One Vodka Gluten-Free?
The Answer is: NO
Many vodkas are made with wheat. Through distillation, the gluten is removed, but the presence of wheat/gluten may still be found in small amounts in the end product. It is important to note that these vodkas cannot be advertised or labeled as gluten-free. This is because the law in the US and other counties prohibit beverages that use wheat at any point in the manufacturing process from advertising themselves as ‘gluten-free.’
If you have a high sensitivity to wheat and want to avoid wheat-based vodkas all-together, there are alternatives that are non-wheat-based and made from grapes, potatoes or corn to name a few. (see more on this list)
Ketel One Vodka Flavors
Photo: Ketel One website
The Ketel One product range consists of the following products
- Ketel One (original) – Known for its savour the crisp, lively tingle.
- Ketel One Citroen – Infused with the essence of four different lemons, predominately from Sicily, for taste and two different limes to enhance the freshness.
- Ketel One Oranje -Infused with the essence of oranges from Valencia and Mandarin, which add floral and fruity notes.
- 325th Norlet Anniversary -A commemorative bottle of Ketel One Vodka created to celebrate the 325th anniversary of the family-run distillery that opened in 1691
- Ketel One Botanical – New new range of Ketel One vodka which has been distilled with real botanicals and infused with natural fruit essences. It is currently available in 3 distinct flavors
- Botanical Peach & Orange Blossom
- Grapefruit & Rose
- Cucumber & Mint
More Information About Ketal One
The alcohol content of this spirit is 40% (80 proof (US), 70 degrees proof (international).
Facts About Ketel One Vodka Flavors
- Ketel One Vodka is named after the original copper pot still, “Distilleerketel #1.”
- The Nolet Distillery was founded in 1691 and has remained in the Nolet family ever since.
- In 2014, The New York Times cited the Brand Keys Customer Loyalty Engagement Index as having the Ketel One brand at number 2, behind only Grey Goose among vodkas.
- Ketel One was crowned the ‘Best Selling’ and the ‘Most Trending’ Vodka by Drinks International (‘The World’s 50 Best Bars’ Brand Report 2016).
For more information on Ketal One, check out their website here: https://www.ketelone.com