Moe’s Southwest Grill, or Moe’s for short, is a popular American fast casual chain serving Mexican and Tex-Mex style foods. Founded in 2000 by Raving Brands, the chain has now reached over 700 locations across this United States and is popularized for their phrase “Hey, Welcome to Moe’s”, yelled by staff when you walk in the door.
What is gluten free at Moe’s Southwest Grill?
In this article and guide, we’ll highlight all the gluten free menu items, sides, and other gf options available at Moe’s. Want to learn more nutrition and allergen facts about Moe’s foods? Check out their FAQs and Nutrition Tool.
Moe’s shares this question and answer about gluten on their FAQs page.
“Why are your corn chips and taco shells listed as containing gluten?
There is no gluten in our corn chips or corn tortillas. However, we do fry our chips and taco shells in-house. We also use the same fryer for our salad bowl, which is a fried flour tortilla (contains wheat gluten). Since they are being fried in the same oil, we have to list those items as containing gluten, due to cross-contamination in the fryer. Got it?”
Moe’s Southwest Grill Gluten Free Menu
These are all the gluten free options we could find at Moe’s. Note all items listed below do not contain wheat or gluten, based on the Moe’s Menu. These items still have the potential for cross contamination and other traces of gluten, so please keep that in mind.
Notice anything missing or incorrect? Leave a comment below. This article was last updated: February 16, 2022
These are all of the protein options at Moe’s that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- Ground Beef
- Pork Carnitas
- Mojo Chicken
- White Meat Chicken
These are all of the beans options at Moe’s that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- Black Beans
- Pinto Beans
These are all of the fresh ingredients options at Moe’s that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- Seasoned Rice
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Shredded Cabbage
- Shredded Lettuce
- Pickled Red Onions
- Chopped Cilantro
- Diced Onions
- Fresh Jalapenos
- Diced Tomatoes
- Southwest Slaw
- Corn Pico
- Grilled Onions
- Grilled Peppers
- Grilled Mushrooms
- Pickled Jalapenos
- Diced Cucumbers
- Black Olives
- Pico de Gallo
- Lime Wedge
- Avocado Lime Crema
- Sour Cream
- Chipotle Ranch
- Southwest Vinaigrette
- Queso Fresco
- Shredded Cheese
These are all of the extras options at Moe’s that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- Bacon Pieces
These are all of the salad base options at Moe’s that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients. You can get almost all of the fresh ingredients, beans, and extras on top of your salad!
- Chopped Romaine
These are all of the sides options at Moe’s that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- Cup of Queso
- Cup of Black Bean Queso
- Cup of Spicy Queso
- Side of Quinoa
- Bowl of Baja Enchilada Soup
These are all of the salsa options at Moe’s that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- El Guapo
- Space B’Green Us
- Tres Jalapeno
These are all of the tortilla options at Moe’s that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- Corn Tortilla Chips (shared fryer, may contain wheat)
- Corn Shell (shared fryer, may contain wheat)
These are all of the beverages at Moe’s that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients:
- Fountain Drinks (Coca Cola Products)
- Fresh Brewed Tea
- Aguas Frescas
- Moe-Rita (Lemonade Drink)
Items to Avoid at Moe’s Southwest Grill
- Most items are gluten free, just watch out for the flour shells, burrito wraps, and fried corn chips/tortillas if you’re sensitive to cross-contamination.
- Also watch out for sauces, such as sour cream or queso, and the potential cross-contamination there too.
Summary of Gluten Free Menu Options at Moe’s Southwest Grill
Pro tips and a quick summary of everything gluten free at Moe’s Southwest Grill
- Moe’s has a ton of gluten free options! You can get almost all of the ingredients to make burrito bowls, salads, and more. Just watch out for flour tortillas!
- When you order, tell them you have a gluten allergy or Celiac Disease so they take precautions with your meal. Even if it’s delivery or pick up, make sure to include this in your order message.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill has an average rating of 4 stars on Find Me Gluten Free with over 35+ reviews, indicating a pretty good experience for most customers. The negative reviews mentioned how bad cross-contamination is at certain locations. But most reviews came from people who stated they didn’t get sick.
- Users shared that they love the bowls and salads.
- The beverages are gluten free and Moe’s has some unique options like the Moe-Rita unique lemonade drink.
- See other top menus: Burger King, Wendy’s, Chipotle
More Information about Moe’s Southwest Grill
Looking for additional information about Moe’s, their foods, and nutritional/ingredients facts? Here are some resources we’ve found: