Outback Steakhouse is ‘an Australian-inspired steakhouse restaurant beloved worldwide’. The restaurant chain has almost 1,000 locations worldwide and is known for some of their popular dishes such as the Bloomin’ Onion and their signature steaks/ribs. Since we just covered Texas Roadhouse, we figured it’d be a great time to see how the gluten free options compared at Outback!
What is gluten free at Outback Steakhouse?
In this article and guide, we’ll highlight all the gluten free menu items, sides, and other gf options available at Outback Steakhouse. Want to learn more nutrition facts about Outback Steakhouse’s foods? Check out their Nutrition Information here and their Gluten Free Menu/FAQ here.
Outback Steakhouse shares this warning on their gluten free menu:
Food is prepared in a common kitchen with the risk of gluten exposure. We cannot guarantee any menu item is completely free of gluten. When placing your order, please let your server know you are ordering a gluten-free menu item.
Outback Steakhouse Gluten Free Menu
These are all the gluten free options we could find at Outback Steakhouse. Note all items listed below do not contain wheat or gluten, based on the Outback Steakhouse Gluten Free Menu PDF. These items still have the potential for cross contamination and other traces of gluten, so please keep that in mind.
Notice anything missing or incorrect? Leave a comment below. This article was last updated: November 3, 2022
These are all of the aussie-tizer options at Outback Steakhouse that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Grilled Shrimp on the Barbie (served without bread)
These are all of the steak options at Outback Steakhouse that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Victoria’s Filet Mignon
- Outback Center-Cut Sirloin
- Bone-In Ribeye
- Bone-In New York Strip
- Melbourne Porterhouse
- Grilled Onions
- Roasted Garlic Butter
- Grilled Shrimp
- Steamed Lobster Tail
Steak ‘N Mate Combos
These are all of the steak ‘n mate combo options at Outback Steakhouse that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Sirloin & Grilled Shrimp
- Sirloin & Grilled Chicken
- Ribeye & Grilled Shrimp
- Filet Mignon & Lobster
These are all of the entree options at Outback Steakhouse that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Drover’s Ribs & Chicken Platter
- Grilled Chicken on the Barbie
- Alice Springs Chicken
- Pineapple & Pork Medallions
- Baby Back Ribs
These are all of the seafood options at Outback Steakhouse that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Perfectly Grilled Salmon
- Lobster Tails
- Botany Bay Tilapia
Steakhouse Potatoes & Sides
These are all of the steakhouse potato and side options at Outback Steakhouse that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Homestyle Mashed Potatoes
- Baked Potato
- Sweet Potato
- Fresh Seasonal Veggie
- Fresh Mixed Veggies
- House Salad (made without croutons)
- Caesar Salad (made without croutons)
Big Bowl Salads
These are all of the big bowl salad options at Outback Steakhouse that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients. According to the menu: ‘Gluten-free salads are prepared without the croutons.’
- Aussie Cobb Salad
- Brisbane Caesar Salad
Gluten Free Dressings
- Honey Mustard
- Tangy Tomato
- Creamy Blue Cheese
- Light Balsamic Vinaigrette
These are all of the dessert options at Outback Steakhouse that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Chocolate Thunder from Down Under
Outback Steakhouse shares this message on their Gluten Free Menu PDF about drinks: ‘ALL SOFT DRINKS, DISTILLED SPIRITS AND WINES ARE GLUTEN-FREE.’
- Coca-Cola Products
- Dr Pepper
- San Pelligrino
- Acqua Panna
- Iced Tea
- Aussie Palmer
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Kiwi Strawberry Lemonade
Outback Steakhouse serves a variety of alcohol products including:
- Blueberry Lavender Lemonade
- Sauza Gold Coast Margarita
- More options in the restaurant.
Items to Avoid at Outback Steakhouse
- Anything fried, including the Bloomin’ Onion unfortunately.
- Ask about sauces, rice, etc.
- Newer items like the chili, wings, etc. are not covered on their menu so ask a waiter/waitress if they can confirm the ingredients.
Summary of Gluten Free Menu Options at Outback Steakhouse
Pro tips and a quick summary of everything gluten free at Outback Steakhouse
- When you order at the restaurant or on the app for delivery/pickup, tell them you have an allergy or Celiac Disease so they take precautions with your food.
- Outback Steakhouse has a good sized gluten free menu with lots of options from steak to ribs to seafood and even salads. If you are looking for a great place for a larger group to enjoy, this seems like a good choice with something for everyone.
- Outback Steakhouse has an average rating of 4 stars on Find Me Gluten Free with over 450 ratings! That is definitely a higher rated restaurant chain by the gluten free community and shows that they know what they are doing. Many reviewers mentioned the knowledgeable staff, safety of the food, and no issues with cross contamination.
- Personal experiences here are unknown. I really need to try Outback Steakhouse after learning about their large range of options. I am a big fan of ribs so I think I will try those. Updates to come! 🙂
More Information about Outback Steakhouse
Looking for additional information about Outback Steakhouse, their foods, and nutritional/ingredients facts? Here are some resources we’ve found:
- Official Outback Steakhouse Menu: https://order.outback.com/menu/
- Official Outback Steakhouse Gluten Free Menu PDF: https://az727346.vo.msecnd.net/menus/Outback-Gluten-Free-Menu.pdf
- Official Outback Steakhouse Nutrition Information: https://www.outback.com/nutrition/smart-dining