Papa Gino’s is a New England based pizza chain that started in East Boston in 1961. Not to be confused with the similarly named pizza-chain Papa Johns, the Papa Gino’s restaurant chain is much smaller and more localized to the Northeast United States with around 70+ locations in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New Hampshire. Here’s the story from Papa Gino’s website:
When Michael Valerio’s family emigrated from Italy to Boston, they brought along authentic Italian family recipes handed down through generations. These were the recipes Michael and his wife, Helen, used when they opened their first pizzeria, Piece O’ Pizza, in East Boston in 1961. This restaurant soon became known throughout Boston as the place to go for the best, most authentic pizza around.
What is gluten free at Papa Gino’s?
In this article and guide, we’ll highlight all the gluten free menu items, sides, and other gf options available at Papa Gino’s. Want to learn more nutrition facts about Papa Gino’s foods? Check out their Nutrition PDF here.
Papa Gino’s Gluten Free Menu
These are all the gluten free options we could find at Papa Gino’s. Note all items listed below do not contain wheat or gluten, based on information we found from the Papa Gino’s Nutrition and Allergen PDF.
Notice anything missing or incorrect? Leave a comment below. This article was last updated: February 17, 2023
Gluten Free Pizza
These are all of the gluten free pizza options at Papa Gino’s that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Cheese GF
- Meat Combo GF
- Pepperoni GF
- Sausage Ricotta GF
- Super Veggie GF
- Works GF
- Banana Peppers
- Black Olives
- Extra Cheese
- Feta Cheese
- Green Pepper
- Sliced Tomato
These are all of the side options at Papa Gino’s that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- French Fries (cooked in a shared fryer, all other items contain gluten so this is high risk)
- Lays Chips
- Classic Lays
- Baked Lays
- Cool Ranch Doritos
These are all of the dressing options at Papa Gino’s that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Blue Cheese
- Honey Mustard
- Italian Romano
- Light Oil Balsamic Vinaigrette
These are all of the drink options at Papa Gino’s that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Diet Pepsi
- Pepsi Zero Sugar
- Mountain Dew
- Mountain Dew Spark
- Mountain Dew Code Red
- Schweppes Ginger Ale
- Mug Root Beer
- Crush Orange Soda
- Pure Leaf Lemon Iced Tea
- Pure Leaf Raspberry Iced Tea
- Pure Leaf Peach Iced Tea
- Pure Leaf Sweet Tea
- Pure Leaf Unsweetened Iced Tea
- Pure Leaf Subtly Sweet Tea
- Pure Leaf Honey Green Tea
Photo: Papa Gino’s Facebook page
Items to Avoid at Papa Gino’s
- All pasta items contain wheat/gluten.
- The chicken wings contain wheat/gluten.
- They do not have any gf bread, so all subs/hamburgers contain wheat/gluten.
- The meatballs contain wheat/gluten.
- The tuna and grilled chicken shows wheat as an allergen in the PDF.
- The chicken breast topping shows wheat as an allergen.
Summary of Gluten Free Menu Options at Papa Gino’s
Pro tips and a quick summary of everything gluten free at Papa Gino’s
- When you order at the restaurant or on the app for delivery/pickup, tell them you have an allergy or Celiac Disease so they take precautions with your food.
- Papa Gino’s does not have many gluten free options, but they do offer a pizza crust and some toppings. You can also get chips and drinks here.
- Papa Gino’s has an average rating of 4 stars on Find Me Gluten Free with over 10+ reviews. The reviews are mixed, but some people had a good experience here. One person mentioned that any sub can be turned into a rice bowl, so some of those are available as an option. The pizza crust got a couple of good reviews.
- Personal experiences here are unknown. I will update this post if I get the chance to try Papa Gino’s.
Photo: Papa Gino’s Facebook page
More Information about Papa Gino’s
Looking for additional information about Papa Gino’s, their foods, and nutritional/ingredients facts? Here are some resources we’ve found:
- Official Papa Gino’s Menu: https://papaginos.com/menu/
- Official Papa Gino’s Nutrition and Allergen PDF: https://papaginos.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/pg-nutritional-binder-5-2021-revised.pdf