Tatte is a fast-growing bakery and cafe chain based in the Northeast region of the United States, with all their locations in either Massachusetts or Metro DC area. The company has a cool founding story shared on their website:
Tzurit Or, founder, pastry chef, and the creative force behind Tatte, started Tatte Bakery fifteen years ago in her home kitchen, selling her creations at the Copley Square farmers market in Boston. For Tzurit, building a bakery of her own was about more than just cultivating a thriving business; it was a way to create a sense of home and community while starting a new life as an immigrant to the United States. Her vision for Tatte was humble in origin- grounded in a simple mission to bring people together around great food and pastries while providing a deep sense of comfort and belonging. In missing her home, she would make Tatte a new home for herself and others and leave a powerful and lasting impact by bringing more inspiration, caring, and joy to those needing more of it.
Let’s find out if this up and coming coffee and bakery chain has gluten free options…
Related: Starbucks Gluten Free Menu Items and Options
What is gluten free at Tatte?
In this article and guide, we’ll highlight all the gluten free menu items, sides, and other gf options available at Tatte Bakery & Cafe.
The company shares the following allergy warning on their gluten friendly menu.
At Tatte we use gluten in our bakeries & kitchens and therefore our menu is Gluten Friendly. If you have a severe gluten, nut or seed allergy, we recommend that you join us for coffee as cross-contact in our bakeries & kitchens may occur.
Tatte Gluten Free Menu
These are all the gluten free options we could find at Tatte. Note all items listed below do not contain wheat or gluten, based on information we found from their Gluten Friendly Menus. Keep in mind the cross contamination risk is high at Tatte because this is a bakery with flour/gluten heavily used in other products.
Notice anything missing or incorrect? Leave a comment below. This article was last updated: April 24, 2023
These are all of the breakfast options at Tatte that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients. All options served with gluten free bread.
- Breakfast Sandwich
- Avocado Breakfast Sandwich
- Halloumi Sunny-Side Breakfast Sandwich
- Smoked Salmon, Avocado, & Egg Sandwich
- Lamb Hash
- Spinach, Sunchoke, and Egg Plate
- Scrambled Egg Plate
- Prosciutto & Parmesan
- Tomato & Goat Cheese Mousse
- Roasted Pear, Granola, & Labneh
These are all of the plate options at Tatte that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients. All options served with gluten free bread.
- Mushroom, Spinach, & Potato Bowl
- Chickpea & Fava Plate
- Lamb Kebab Plate
These are all of the tartine options at Tatte that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients. All options served with gluten free bread.
- Smoked Salmon & Avocado
These are all of the sandwich options at Tatte that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients. All options served with gluten free bread.
- Turkey Avocado
- B.L.A.T. (Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado, Tomato)
- Turkey B.L.A.T.
- Short Rib Grilled Cheese
- Chicken Salad
Videos: GlutenBee YouTube
These are all of the shakshuka options at Tatte that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients. All options served with gluten free bread.
- Bacon, Potato, & Mushroom
- Lamb Meatball
These are all of the salad options at Tatte that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients. All options served with gluten free bread.
- Maple, Chicken, & Squash
- Tuna Nicoise
- Crunchy Halloumi
- Green & Nutty
Pastries and Sweets
Gluten free pastries and sweets are constantly rotating at Tatte therefore they do no list these on their menus. These are also the highest risk for cross contamination due to the shared baking space. However; we have tried a few of these without issue. Check out the videos below!
Some of the gluten-friendly baked goods we’ve come across include:
- Passionfruit Krembo
- Chocolate Mousse
- Fruit Cups
- Fruit Pastries
Videos: GlutenBee YouTube
These are all of the coffee options at Tatte that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Drip Coffee
- Cafe Au Lait
- Cold Brew
- Nitro Cold Brew
These are all of the espresso options at Tatte that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Flat White
- Tatte House Latte
- Iced House Latte
- Iced Latte
- Iced Mocha
These are all of the hot chocolate options at Tatte that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Hot Chocolate
These are all of the tea options at Tatte that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Assorted Mem Teas
- Iced Tea (Black, Green, Herbal)
- Matcha Latte (Hot or Iced)
- Chai Latte (Hot or Iced)
- London Fog
- Blue Flower Earl Grey
- English Breakfast
- Moroccan Mint
- Golden Green
- Blood Orange Hibiscus
- Lemon Chamomile
Juices & Waters
These are all of the juice and water options at Tatte that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Tatte Orange Juice
- Tatte Mint Lemonade
- Tatte Pear Juice
- Tatte Kale & Apple Juice
- San Pellegrino Sparkling Water
- San Pellegrino Limonata
- San Pellegrino Blood Orange Soda
- Bottled Water
These are all of the seasonal drink options at Tatte that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Pistachio Latte
- Iced Pistachio Latte
- Turmeric & Honey Latte
- Iced Turmeric & Honey Latte
- Beet Latte
- Iced Beet Latte
- Sparkling Matcha Lemonade
Videos: GlutenBee YouTube
Items to Avoid at Tatte
- Watch out for the baked goods as they are prepared in a shared kitchen space and stored next to all the gluten.
- Watch out for the bread as it may be toasted or cut with the same appliances/tools. Always mention your allergy right away when ordering.
- Ask about sauces, garnishes, or anything you aren’t sure about. As long as you stick with their Gluten Friendly menu you should be safe.
Summary of Gluten Free Menu Options at Tatte
Pro tips and a quick summary of everything gluten free at Tatte Bakery & Cafe
- When you order at the restaurant or online/in the app for delivery/pickup, tell them you have an allergy or Celiac Disease so they take precautions with your food.
- Tatte has a lot of gluten-friendly options, but if you have Celiac Disease or a severe gluten allergy, this place may be risky for you. However; there are still plenty of coffee, tea, juice, and beverage options for you to enjoy if you’re afraid to try that food.
- Tatte has a variety of pages up for their different locations on Find Me Gluten Free and the reviews are all relatively positive. Some people have definitely gotten glutened, but the majority of reviews mentioned the precautions workers were willing to take in order to help the customers out.
- Personal experiences here are great! I have been to Tatte a number of times and have never really had a reaction. I’m always careful to mention my allergy right away, and tell the staff to please change gloves, equipment, etc. when preparing my food. I’ve had the lamb kebab plate, the braised short rib grilled cheese, and some different pastries and desserts including the Passionfruit Krembo.
Photo: Tatte Bakery Instagram
More Information about Tatte
Looking for additional information about Tatte, their foods, and nutritional/ingredients facts? Here are some resources we’ve found:
- Official Tatte Menu: https://tattebakery.com/menus/
- Official Tatte Gluten Friendly Menu for Massachusetts: https://tattebakery.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/BOS_Spring2023_GF_022423.pdf
- Official Tatte Gluten Friendly Menu for Metro DC: https://tattebakery.com/dc_spring2023_gf_022423/