Texas Roadhouse is a popular American sit-down restaurant chain offering traditional American foods and Southern comfort meals like steaks, bbq, ribs, and much more. Contrary to popular belief, the company didn’t actually start in Texas! Texas Roadhouse first launched in Clarksville, Indiana in 1993.
What is gluten free at Texas Roadhouse?
In this article and guide, we’ll highlight all the gluten free menu items, sides, and other gf options available at Texas Roadhouse. Want to learn more nutrition facts about Texas Roadhouse foods? Check out their nutrition portal here and their Gluten-Friendly PDF Menu here.
Texas Roadhouse Gluten Free Menu
These are all the gluten free options we could find at Texas Roadhouse. Note all items listed below do not contain wheat or gluten, based on the Texas Roadhouse Gluten-Friendly Menu. These items still have the potential for cross contamination and other traces of gluten, so please keep that in mind.
Notice anything missing or incorrect? Leave a comment below. This article was last updated: November 2, 2022
These are all of the entree options at Texas Roadhouse that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients. Warning: Cross contamination potential on shared grill spaces.
- Hand-Cut Steaks (NOT PRIME RIB, contains wheat in marinade)
- Steak Kabob (no rice)
- Grilled Chicken
- Grilled BBQ Chicken
- Herb Crusted Chicken
- Pork Chops (no peppercorn sauce)
- Grilled Salmon
- Grilled Shrimp (no rice)
- Pulled Pork Dinner (no bread)
- Vegetable Plate (no fries or rice)
These are all of the ranger options at Texas Roadhouse that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients. Warning: Cross contamination potential on shared grill spaces.
- Andy’s Steak
- Ranger Rib Basket
These are all of the dinner salad options at Texas Roadhouse that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients. Make sure to specify no croutons!
- Grilled Chicken Salad
- Grilled Salmon Salad
- Steakhouse Filet Salad
Burgers and Sandwiches
These are all of the dinner salad options at Texas Roadhouse that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients. No buns or fries, both contain gluten.
- All-American Cheeseburger
- Bacon Cheeseburger
- BBQ Chicken Sandwich
- Mushroom-Jack Chicken Sandwich
These are all of the side options at Texas Roadhouse that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Fresh Vegetables
- House Salad (no croutons)
- Baked Potato
- Sweet Potato
- Green Beans
- Mashed Potatoes (no gravy)
These are all of the smother options at Texas Roadhouse that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Jack Cheese
- Sautéed Mushrooms
These are all of the kid’s meal options at Texas Roadhouse that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Grilled Chicken
- Lil’ Dillo Steak Bites
Items to Avoid at Texas Roadhouse
- The prime rib marinade is not gluten free, so avoid any prime rib items.
- The rice is not gluten free.
- The peppercorn sauce is not gluten free.
- The fries are not gluten free.
- No gluten free buns.
- The gravy contains gluten.
- No gluten free croutons or bread.
Summary of Gluten Free Menu Options at Texas Roadhouse
Pro tips and a quick summary of everything gluten free at Texas Roadhouse
- When you order at the restaurant or on the app for delivery/pickup, tell them you have an allergy or Celiac Disease so they take precautions with your food.
- Texas Roadhouse has a decent gluten-friendly menu, with a variety of options. You just need to be careful, because a lot of sauces/sides, etc. contain gluten. Always tell your server about your allergy first, and ask to confirm if the sauces are ok, the condiments, toppings, etc.
- Texas Roadhouse has an average rating of 3 stars on Find Me Gluten Free with over 100 ratings from customers. The reviews were relatively positive, most of the complaints came from people who said the staff did not understand, or the limited options.
- Personal experiences here are unknown. I will have to try Texas Roadhouse to get an updated review here soon!
More Information about Texas Roadhouse
Looking for additional information about Texas Roadhouse, their foods, and nutritional/ingredients facts? Here are some resources we’ve found:
- Official Texas Roadhouse Menu: https://www.texasroadhouse.com/global-menu
- Official Texas Roadhouse Gluten-Friendly Menu: https://www.texasroadhouse.com/sites/default/files/2021-12/TXRH%20Gluten-Friendly%20Suggestions%20%28Eng-Sp%29.pdf
- Official Texas Roadhouse Nutrition Portal: https://www.nutritionix.com/texas-roadhouse/portal