Waffle House is iconic American restaurant chain with over 2000 locations across the South and parts of the East Coast in the United States. Known for their amazing waffles, breakfasts, hashbrowns, and fast service at all hours of the day, Waffle House is a very popular place.
What is gluten free at Waffle House?
In this article and guide, we’ll highlight all the gluten free menu items, sides, meals, and other gf options available at Waffle House. Want to learn more allergen facts about Waffle House foods? Check out their nutritionals here.
Waffle House Gluten Free Menu
These are all the gluten free options we could find at Waffle House. Note all items listed below do not contain wheat or gluten, based on the Waffle House menu and allergens information provided. These items still have the potential for cross contamination and other traces of gluten, so please keep that in mind.
Notice anything missing or incorrect? Leave a comment below. This article was last updated: September 30, 2021
These are all of the breakfast meals and options at Waffle House that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients. All the food is cooked on the same flat top grill so the chance for cross contamination is very high.
- Sliced Tomatoes
- City Ham
- Country Ham
- Sausage Egg & Cheese Hashbrown Bowl
- Bacon Egg & Cheese Hashbrown Bowl
- Ham Egg & Cheese Hashbrown Bowl
- Cheesesteak Melt Hashbrown Bowl
- Chicken Melt Hashbrown Bowl
- Grilled Chicken
- Pork Chops
- Sautéed Onions
- Melted American Cheese
- Hickory Smoked Ham
- Grilled Tomatoes
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Grilled Mushrooms
These are all of the salad options at Waffle House that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- Garden Salad
- Grilled Chicken Salad
These are all of the beverage options at Waffle House that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- Dark Roast Coffee
- Coffee – Decaf
- Coca Cola
- Diet Coke
- Barq’s Root Beer
- Hi-C Fruit Punch
- Minute Maid Lemonade
- Alice’s Iced Tea – Unsweet
- Alice’s Iced Tea – Sweet
- Alice’s Iced Tea-Monade
- Minute Maid Orange Juice
- Apple Juice
- Chocolate Milk
- Hot Tea
Source: Waffle House Facebook page
Items to Avoid at Waffle House
These items all contain gluten or have a very high risk for gluten contamination:
- Most items are cooked on the same grill and have a high chance of cross contamination. It’s worth asking if they can cook it in a separate pan.
- The Bert’s Chili contains wheat.
- The Grits contain wheat.
- There are no gluten free bread options.
Summary of Gluten Free Menu Options at Waffle House
Pro tips, fun ideas/food hacks, and a quick summary of everything gluten free at Waffle House
- When you order in the restaurant or online, tell them you have an allergy or Celiac Disease so they take precautions with your food, meals, and sides.
- Waffle House only has around 15+ ratings on Find Me Gluten Free with an average of 4 stars indicating a decent experience for most gluten free customers, but with limited reviews. People shared that sometimes the meat, eggs, and hashbrowns are cooked separately at certain locations and are not contaminated. It’s worth talking to your server to see if they can accommodate.
- Customers reported the following gluten free options as being delicious and safe the most: Hashbrown Bowls, Bacon, Omelet
Source: Waffle House Facebook page
More Information about Waffle House
Looking for additional information about Waffle House, their foods, and nutritional/ingredients facts? Here are some resources we’ve found:
- Official Waffle House Breakfast Menu: https://www.wafflehouse.com/breakfast-nutritionals/
- Official Waffle House Lunch and Dinner Menu: https://www.wafflehouse.com/lunch-and-dinner-nutritionals/
- Official Waffle House Allergens Guide: https://www.wafflehouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Waffle_House_Full-Nutritionals_-v20.2-7.17.19.pdf