Whataburger is a regional American burger chain with over 1000 locations in various southern states of America. The fast food chain was founded in Corpus Cristi, Texas in 1950 and has since grown to be a popular burger place for millions.
What is gluten free at Whataburger?
In this article and guide, we’ll highlight all the gluten free menu items, sides, and other gf options available at Whataburger. Want to learn more nutrition and allergen facts about Whataburger’s foods? Check out their Nutrition PDF here.
Whataburger doesn’t have a lot of gluten free options and has a high risk for cross-contamination. Please keep that in mind if you have Celiac Disease or a gluten allergy.
Whataburger Gluten Free Menu
These are all the gluten free options we could find at Whataburger. Note all items listed below do not contain wheat or gluten, based on the Whataburger Menu. These items still have the potential for cross contamination and other traces of gluten, so please keep that in mind.
Notice anything missing or incorrect? Leave a comment below. This article was last updated: April 27, 2021
These are all of the sandwich options at Whataburger that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- Burger (no bun)
- Grilled Chicken (no bun)
- Eggs (no bun)
These are all of the salad options at Whataburger that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- Apple & Cranberry Chicken Salad
- Garden Salad
These are all of the sides at Whataburger that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- Apple Slices
- French Fries
- Hash Brown Sticks
These are all of the dessert options at Whataburger that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients:
- Fruit Chews
- Dr. Pepper Shake
- Strawberry Shake
- Chocolate Shake
- Vanilla Shake
These are all of the beverages at Whataburger that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients:
- Sweet/Unsweet Tea
- Simply Orange Juice
- Chocolate Milk
- Coca Cola Soft Drinks
Photo: Whataburger Facebook
Summary of Gluten Free Menu Options at Whataburger
Pro tips and a quick summary of everything gluten free at Whataburger
- Whataburger has very few options for people with gluten allergies.
- Tell them you have an allergy or Celiac Disease so they take precautions with your meal.
- You can get salads and shakes with little risk. For fries and other options the cross-contamination risk is high!
- Whataburger has an average rating of 4.5 stars on Find Me Gluten Free indicating a good experience for most people with gluten allergies who visit.
- Users shared reviews that the burger or grilled chicken with lettuce is a good option!
Source: Whataburger Facebook
More Information about Whataburger
Looking for additional information about Whataburger, their foods, and nutritional/ingredients facts? Here are some resources we’ve found:
- Official Whataburger website: https://whataburger.com/home
- Official Whataburger menu page: https://whataburger.com/locations/3/menu