Bojangles is an American regional fast food chain specializing in Cajun food including fried chicken, biscuits, seasoned fries, beans, dirty rice, and much more. There are over 750 Bojangles’ locations around the Southeastern United States.
What is gluten free at Bojangles?
In this article and guide, we’ll highlight all the gluten free menu items, sides, and other gf options available at Bojangles. Want to learn more nutrition facts about Bojangles’ foods? Check out their nutritional info at the Bojangles menu.
Bojangles Gluten Free Menu
These are all the gluten free options we could find at Bojangles. Note all items listed below do not contain wheat or gluten, based on the Bojangles menu. These items still have the potential for cross contamination and other traces of gluten, so please keep that in mind. View the Bojangles nutrition page here.
Bojangles shares this info on their nutritional PDF:
The above information is for company-owned stores. Please contact franchised locations directly for nutritional information. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice,
but calorie needs vary. Some products contain allergens including but not limited to milk, eggs, wheat, soy, tree nuts, peanuts, fish and shellfish. As a result, we are unable to guarantee
that any menu item can be completely free of allergens.
Notice anything missing or incorrect? Leave a comment below. This article was last updated: November 14, 2021
Biscuits, Sandwiches, Sweets
All biscuit, sandwich, and sweets options from Bojangles contain wheat/gluten.
These are all of the salad options at Bojangles that do not contain wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Garden Salad
- Grilled Chicken Salad
- Roasted Chicken Bites Salad
- Ken’s Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Ken’s Blue Cheese Dressing
- Ken’s Fat Free Italian Dressing
- Ken’s Honey Dijon Dressing
Toppings & Extras
- Pimento Cheese
- American Cheese
These are all of the chicken options at Bojangles that do not contain wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Roasted Chicken Bites
These are all of the fixin’s (sides) options at Bojangles that do not contain wheat/gluten ingredients. Keep in mind all fried items have a high chance for cross contamination. All fried items marked with a *
- Bo-Tato Rounds*
- Bojangles Cajun Pintos
- Cole Slaw
- Seasoned Fries*
These are all of the dipping sauce options at Bojangles that do not contain wheat/gluten ingredients.
- BBQ Sauce
- Bo’s Special Sauce
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- Ranch Sauce
These are all of the drink options at Bojangles that do not contain wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Bottled Water
- Diet Mountain Dew
- Diet Pepsi
- Dr Pepper
- Chocolate Milk
- Sierra Mist
- Mirinda Strawberry
- Mountain Dew
- Mug Root Beer
- Simply Orange
- Southern Shock
- Tropicana Fruit Punch
- Tropicana Lemonade
- Tropicana Pink Lemonade
- Tropicana Twister Soda
- Sweet Tea
- Unsweetened Tea
- Sweet Iced Tea
- Unsweetened Iced Tea
Photo: Bojangles Facebook page
Items to Avoid at Bojangles
These items all contain gluten or have a very high risk for gluten contamination:
- Avoid all biscuits, sandwiches, and sweets items. Also all chicken items except for the Roasted Chicken Bites have gluten.
- You can enjoy most of the salads, but watch out for cross contamination and other ingredients that may contain wheat/gluten, such as the breaded chicken.
- The Homestyle Garlic Cheese Crouton’s contain wheat.
- The Chicken Rice Bowl contains wheat.
- The Dirty Rice, Green Beans, and Mashed Potatoes all contain wheat.
Summary of Gluten Free Menu Options at Bojangles
Pro tips and a quick summary of everything gluten free at Bojangles
- When you order at the store or on the app, tell them you have an allergy or Celiac Disease so they take precautions with your food.
- Bojangles has very limited options mainly revolving around salads and the roasted chicken bites. You can also get the fries and some other sides, but watch out for cross contamination.
- Bojangles has limited reviews on the Find Me Gluten Free app. They have low ratings for due to limited options.
- Personal experiences here are good. I used to love Bojangles before my allergy, but now I still go for the delicious seasoned fries, Bo’s sauce, and ranch. I also like their sweet tea. Haven’t tried the salads or roasted chicken bites yet, but will update this post if I do!
Source: Bojangles Facebook page
More Information about Bojangles
Looking for additional information about Bojangles, their foods, and nutritional/ingredients facts? Here are some resources we’ve found: