Zaxby’s is a popular fried chicken tenders and sandwiches fast food chain in the Southeast United States. The restaurant offers chicken wings, chicken fingers, sandwiches, and salads. The chain operates in the Southern United States with over 900 locations.
What is gluten free at Zaxby’s?
In this article and guide, we’ll highlight all the gluten free menu items, sides, and other gf options available at Zaxby’s. Want to learn more nutrition and allergen facts about Zaxby’s foods? Check out their Allergens & Sensitivities Guide here.
Zaxby’s doesn’t have a lot of gluten free options and has a high risk for cross-contamination. Please keep that in mind if you have Celiac Disease or a gluten allergy.
Zaxby’s Gluten Free Menu
These are all the gluten free options we could find at Zaxby’s. Note all items listed below do not contain wheat or gluten, based on the Zaxby’s Menu. These items still have the potential for cross contamination and other traces of gluten, so please keep that in mind.
Notice anything missing or incorrect? Leave a comment below. This article was last updated: May 6, 2021
These are all of the salad options at Zaxby’s that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- Side Salad
- Bleu Cheese
- Honey Mustard
- Lite Ranch
- Lite Vinaigrette
- Thousand Island
These are all of the side options at Zaxby’s that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- Tater Chips
- Crinkle Fries
- Celery and Ranch
These are all of the chicken options at Zaxby’s that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- Traditional Wings (no sauce)
- Traditional Wings – Wimpy
- Traditional Wings – Tongue Torch
- Traditional Wings – Nuclear
- Traditional Wings – Insane
- Traditional Wings – Original
- Traditional Wings – HHM
- Traditional Wings – BBQ
* Wings are cooked in same fryer and very likely to have gluten contamination/breading fragments.
These are all of the dipping sauce options at Zaxby’s that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- Honey Mustard
- Zax Sauce
- Spicy Zax Sauce
No dessert options at Zaxby’s are gluten free.
These are all of the beverages at Zaxby’s that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients:
- Milk / Chocolate Milk
- Apple Juice
- Sweet/Unsweet Tea
- Simply Orange Juice
- Coca Cola
- Dr. Pepper
- Diet Coke
- Minute Maid Lemonade
- Hi-C Fruit Punch
- Coke Zero
- Barqs Root Beer
- Coke with Cherry
- Coke with Vanilla
- Fanta Strawberry
- Diet Dr. Pepper
- Minute Maid Lemonade with Strawberry
- Fanta Orange
- Hi-C Orange
- Mello Yello
- Minute Maid Pink Lemonade
- Cherry Dr. Pepper
- Fanta Cherry
- Seagram’s Ginger Ale
- Cherry Vanilla Coke
- Sprite with Peach
Photo: Zaxby’s Facebook
Summary of Gluten Free Menu Options at Zaxby’s
Pro tips and a quick summary of everything gluten free at Zaxby’s
- Zaxby’s has limited options for people with gluten allergies and Celiac Disease.
- When you order, tell them you have an allergy or Celiac Disease so they take precautions with your meal.
- You can get a side salad and fries, along with the traditional wings. For fries and other fried items like the traditional wings, the cross-contamination risk is high!
- Zaxby’s has an average rating of 3.5 stars on Find Me Gluten Free indicating a mediocre experience for most people with gluten allergies who visit.
- Users shared reviews that the grilled chicken and grilled chicken salad can be safe, along with the dressings. However; many users shared they suffered symptoms from the wings and fries, and that they may even have received breaded tenders with their orders. Other users said their locations offered dedicated fryers for the fries and wings. We recommend asking your local Zaxby’s manager to confirm these questions before ordering.
Source: Zaxby’s Facebook
More Information about Zaxby’s
Looking for additional information about Zaxby’s, their foods, and nutritional/ingredients facts? Here are some resources we’ve found:
- Official Zaxby’s website: https://www.zaxbys.com/
- Official Zaxby’s Allergen and Sensitivities Guide: https://www.zaxbys.com/zaxbys-allergen-guide/