Jimmy John’s is an American sandwich chain that was started by Jimmy John Liautaud in 1983. The company has rapidly grown and now there are over 2,800 locations around the world.
What is gluten free at Jimmy John’s?
In this article and guide, we’ll highlight all the gluten free menu items, sides, and other gf options available at Jimmy John’s. Want to learn more nutrition facts about Jimmy John’s foods?
Jimmy John’s shares this statement with their Allergens PDF:
‘Jimmy John’s serves from-scratch food made with excellent ingredients, and we are committed to providing you with the most up-to-date allergen and nutrition information from our suppliers.
Please note that because individual foods may come into contact with each other during preparation of your sandwich, and because of shared utensils and equipment, we cannot guarantee that our food is free from any allergens. If you have any special requests or concerns related to allergies or other dietary restrictions, please inform your cashier when placing your order. This guide is updated periodically; we suggest you check back each time you order with us. Still have questions? Contact our Customer Service team here.’
Jimmy John’s Gluten Free Menu
These are all the gluten free options we could find at Jimmy John’s. Note all items listed below do not contain wheat or gluten, based on the Jimmy John’s Allergen Info PDF. These items still have the potential for cross contamination and other traces of gluten, so please keep that in mind.
Notice anything missing or incorrect? Leave a comment below. This article was last updated: February 28, 2021
Unwich (Lettuce Wrap)
These are all of the unwich options at Jimmy John’s that do not contain wheat/gluten ingredients. You can get various sandwiches wrapped in lettuce, with no bread/gluten.
- Roast Beef
These are all of the toppings options at Jimmy John’s that do not contain wheat/gluten ingredients. Watch out for spread and sauces that have a cross contamination risk!
- Jimmy Peppers
- Avocado Spread
- Kickin’ Ranch
- Hellman’s Mayo
- Jimmy Mustard
- Grey Poupon
- Yellow Mustard
- Oil & Vinegar
These are all of the side options at Jimmy John’s that do not contain wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Regular Jimmy Chips
- Thinny Chips
- Jalapeno Jimmy Chips
- Jimmy Kosher Dill Pickle
Limited Time Offer Ingredients
These are all of the limited time offer ingredients options at Jimmy John’s that do not contain wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Seasoned Chicken
- Creamy Caesar Dressing
- Parmesan Cheese
- Ranch Seasoning
- Chili Lime Seasoning
- Fire Roasted Southwest Corn Blend
- Kickin’ Ranch
- Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- Tortilla Chips
- Horseradish Aioli
- Bleu Cheese Crumbles
- Bleu Cheese Dressing
- Black Pepper
These are all of the drink options at Jimmy John’s that do not contain wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Diet Coke
- Dr Pepper
- Dasani Water Bottle
Jimmy John’s Unwich pictured above. Photo: Jimmy John’s Facebook page
Items to Avoid at Jimmy John’s
These items all contain gluten or have a very high risk for gluten contamination:
- All bread options at Jimmy John’s contain gluten.
- The Tuna Salad contains gluten.
- The Salt & Vinegar and BBQ Chips contain gluten.
- The Provolone Cheese contains gluten.
- The Garlic and Herb Wrap and the Jalapeno Cheddar Wrap both contain wheat.
Summary of Gluten Free Menu Options at Jimmy John’s
Pro tips and a quick summary of everything gluten free at Jimmy John’s
- When you order at the restaurant or on the app for delivery/pickup, tell them you have an allergy or Celiac Disease so they take precautions with your food.
- You can get a decent selection of meats and toppings with the unwich option at Jimmy John’s. This means they’ll wrap your sandwich in lettuce instead of a roll.
- Jimmy John’s has over 55 ratings on Find Me Gluten Free with an average of 3.5 stars indicating a decent experience for most customers. Many of the good reviews mentioned the unwich and safety precautions, but most of the one star reviews were for poor training at certain locations, cross contamination, etc.
- Personal experiences here are unknown. I will update this post if I get the chance to try the gluten free options at Jimmy John’s one day.
Photo: Jimmy John’s Facebook page
More Information about Jimmy John’s
Looking for additional information about Jimmy John’s, their foods, and nutritional/ingredients facts? Here are some resources we’ve found:
- Official Jimmy John’s Menu: https://www.jimmyjohns.com/menu/
- Official Jimmy John’s Allergen Info PDF: https://resources.jimmyjohns.com/downloadable-files/JimmyJohnsAllergenInformation.pdf?_ga=2.91907802.1701543838.1640807915-1398556677.1640807914
- Official Jimmy John’s Nutrition Guide PDF: https://resources.jimmyjohns.com/downloadable-files/NutritionGuide.pdf?_ga=2.91907802.1701543838.1640807915-1398556677.1640807914