Taco Bell is a staple for fast food tacos, Crunchwrap Supreme’s, chalupas, and other great late night food. Taco Bell is an American-based chain of fast food restaurants originating in Irvine, California in 1962, by founder Glen Bell.
What is gluten free at Taco Bell?
In this article and guide, we’ll highlight all the gluten free menu items, sides, and other gf options available at Taco Bell. Want to learn more nutrition and allergen facts about Taco Bell’s foods? Check out their page on eating at Taco Bell when you’re avoiding gluten.
Check out Taco Bell’s allergen tool here: https://www.tacobell.com/nutrition/allergen-info
Taco Bell states: ‘Taco Bell® does not claim “gluten-free” for any of its food. Some Taco Bell® items are made without gluten-containing ingredients but are prepared in common kitchen areas, including common fryer oil, risking gluten exposure. Taco Bell® does not recommend products for customers with celiac disease. Customers with gluten sensitivities should exercise judgment when ordering.’
Taco Bell Gluten Free Menu
These are all the gluten free options we could find at Taco Bell. Note all items listed below do not contain wheat or gluten, based on Taco Bell’s page on how to avoid gluten. These items still have the potential for cross contamination and other traces of gluten, so please keep that in mind.
Notice anything missing or incorrect? Leave a comment below. This article was last updated: June 4, 2021
These are all of the sides options at Taco Bell that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- Black Beans
- Refried Beans
- Seasoned Rice
Salsas and Sauces
These are all of the salsas and sauce options at Taco Bell that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Creamy Chipotle Sauce
- Creamy Jalapeno Sauce
- Hot Sauce Packet
- Mild Sauce Packet
- Red Sauce
- Spicy Ranch Sauce
These are all of the various ingredients at Taco Bell that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients. You can make custom bowls and items to suit your preferences. We recommend: Nachos, Crispy Tacos, and the Power Menu Bowls
- Crunchy Taco Shell
- Nacho Chips
- Tostada Shell
- Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Tacos Shell
- Seasoned Beef
- Sausage Crumbles
- 3 Cheese Blend
- Reduced Fat Sour Cream
Other GF Items
These are all of the other gf items at Taco Bell that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients:
- Power Menu Bowl (chicken, steak, veggie)
- Black Beans and Rice
- Crunchy Taco
- Hash Brown**
- Doritos Locos Tacos (just nacho cheese flavor)
** Fried with gluten ingredients in fryer.
These are all of the drinks at Taco Bell that do not contain wheat or gluten ingredients.
- Wild Strawberry Lemonade Freeze
- Blue Raspberry Freeze
- Wild Strawberry Freeze
- Mountain Dew Baja Blast Freeze
- Fountain Drinks (Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Sierra Mist, Dr. Pepper, Gatorade, Tropicana, Brisk)
- Lipton Unsweetened Iced Tea
- Orange Juice
- Premium Hot Coffee
- Regular Iced Coffee
Photo: Taco Bell Facebook
Summary of Gluten Free Menu Options at Taco Bell
Pro tips and a quick summary of everything gluten free at Taco Bell
- Crunchy tacos and Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Tacos are great options.
- Tell them you have an allergy or Celiac Disease so they take precautions with your meal.
- Most meats are gluten free, watch out for cross contamination though.
- Taco Bell has a lot of low ratings on Find Me Gluten Free indicating a poor experience for most people. This is usually due to staff not understanding the requests. We recommend being careful and only ordering items you deem safe. Or check out a safer place like Chipotle.
- Don’t get the ‘Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes’, they contain wheat!
Source: Taco Bell website
More Information about Taco Bell
Looking for additional information about Taco Bell, their foods, and nutritional/ingredients facts? Here are some resources we’ve found: