Sbarro is an American pizzeria chain, commonly found in malls, rest stops, and other shopping centers. Sbarro is a family business founded by Gennaro Sbarro and Carmela Sbarro. Sbarro has over 600 locations worldwide, including locations in the United Kingdom, Europe, Asia, and South America.
What is gluten free at Sbarro?
In this article and guide, we’ll highlight all the gluten free menu items, sides, and other gf options available at Sbarro. Want to learn more nutrition facts about Sbarro’s foods? Check out their Nutritional Information here.
On their website, Sbarro shares:
‘DO YOU OFFER GLUTEN FREE FOOD OPTIONS?
We do offer items such as garden salad, fruit salad, tomato & cucumber salad, roasted potatoes, mixed vegetables and yellow rice that do not contain gluten. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that certain items are 100% gluten free due to the fact that we work with flour.’
Sbarro Gluten Free Menu
These are all the gluten free options we could find at Sbarro. Note all items listed below do not contain wheat or gluten, based on Sbarro’s US Nutritional Information. Find the Sbarro’s UK Nutritional Information here. These items still have the potential for cross contamination and other traces of gluten, so please keep that in mind.
Notice anything missing or incorrect? Leave a comment below. This article was last updated: February 2, 2022
All Sbarro pizza contain wheat/gluten.
These are all of the starters/sides at Sbarro that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Roasted Potatoes
- Mixed Vegetables
- Veg Rice
These are all of the salads at Sbarro that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients. You can add grilled chicken to any salad.
- Antipasta Salad
- Garden Salad
- Greek Salad
- Tomato & Cucumber Salad
- Fruit Salad
GF Salad Dressing
- Lite Italian
These are all of the dipping sauce options at Sbarro that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Garlic Sauce
These are all of the entree options at Sbarro that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Entree Roasted Potatoes
- Entree Mixed Vegetable
- Entree Rice
- Entree Mushrooms and Peppers
These are all of the breakfast options at Sbarro that are free from wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
- Breakfast Potatoes
Photo: Sbarro Facebook page
Items to Avoid at Sbarro
- All pizza, pasta, chicken wings and tenders, deli subs, philly steaks, and desserts contain wheat/gluten.
- Most of the dips and sauces also contain gluten, including the Ranch, the Greek Dressing, and the Caesar Dressing.
Summary of Gluten Free Menu Options at Sbarro
Pro tips and a quick summary of everything gluten free at Sbarro
- When you order at the store or on the app for delivery/pickup, tell them you have an allergy or Celiac Disease so they take precautions with your food.
- Sbarro has a few options including salads, some sides, and some breakfast offerings, but the risk for cross contamination is very high so keep this in mind.
- Sbarro doesn’t even have a Find Me Gluten Free page due to its limited gluten free offerings.
- Personal experiences here are unknown. I have never tried Sbarro since I found out I have a gluten allergy. Unless they add other gluten free options, I most likely won’t try Sbarro due to the risks with my allergy.
Photo: Sbarro Facebook page
More Information about Sbarro
Looking for additional information about Sbarro, their foods, and nutritional/ingredients facts? Here are some resources we’ve found:
- Official Sbarro Menu: https://order.sbarro.com/
- Official Sbarro Nutrition Guide for the US: https://sbarro.com/us-nutritional-information/
- Official Sbarro Nutrition Guide for the UK: https://sbarro.com/uk-nutritional-information/
- Official Sbarro Nutrition & Allergens PDF: https://sbarro.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/SbarroNutritionalGuide21.pdf