Hungry Howies is a popular pizza chain and franchise known for their original flavored crust. The company is almost 50 years old and was started outside of Detroit, Michigan. Now it has grown to over 550 locations in 20 states. Hungry Howies has both franchise and business owned locations.
What is gluten free at Hungry Howies?
In this article and guide, we’ll highlight all the gluten free menu items, sides, and other gf options available at Hungry Howies. Want to learn more nutrition and allergen facts about Hungry Howies’ foods? Check out their gluten free page here.
Hungry Howies shares:
Our Gluten-Free Pizza Crust does not contain wheat, barley, or rye and has less than 20 parts per million of gluten. Please refer to our FAQs for a complete list of ingredients. Because we make pizza dough fresh daily at each of our locations, trace glutens may be present in our kitchens. We do not recommend our Gluten-Free Pizza Crust for those with celiac disease.
As the originator of Flavored Crust® Pizza, we’re proud that none of the ingredients in our Flavored Crusts contain gluten. However, just like our locations, we cannot guarantee that the Flavored Crust® Pizza seasonings are formulated in a gluten-free environment. Please exercise your best judgment when ordering.
This is our legal disclaimer: If you have celiac disease, our Gluten-Free Crust is not for you. If you are gluten-sensitive, please exercise your best judgment before ordering. Our kitchens are open environments, leaving our Gluten-Free Crust to possible exposure to other ingredients that contain gluten. We cannot guarantee that your pizza made with our Gluten-Free Crust will be free of all gluten.
Hungry Howies Gluten Free Menu
These are all the gluten free options we could find at Hungry Howies. Note all items listed below do not contain wheat or gluten, based on the Hungry Howies Gluten Free Page. These items still have the potential for cross contamination and other traces of gluten, so please keep that in mind.
Notice anything missing or incorrect? Leave a comment below. This article was last updated: May 10, 2022
Hungry Howies has a gluten free pizza crust, but as posted above, it is not suitable for people with Celiac Disease or a gluten allergy.
The company shares on their site:
I have celiac disease. Can I enjoy Hungry Howie’s Gluten-Free Pizza Crust?
If you have celiac disease, our Gluten-Free Crust is not for you.
I am gluten-sensitive. Can I enjoy Hungry Howie’s Gluten-Free Pizza Crust?
If you are gluten-sensitive, you should exercise judgment before ordering. Since all of our flavorful menu items are prepared in a common kitchen, our Gluten-Free Crust may be exposed to other ingredients that contain gluten.
These are all of the wings options at Hungry Howies that do not contain wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Howie Wings – BBQ
- Howie Wings – Buffalo
These are all of the salad options at Hungry Howies that do not contain wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Antipasto Salad
- Garden Salad (ask for no croutons)
- Greek Salad
- Chef Salad
- Chicken Asiago Salad
- Chicken Caesar Salad (ask for no croutons, higher risk as they may be mixed in)
Sauces & Dressings
These are all of the sauce and dressing options at Hungry Howies that do not contain wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Buffalo Sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- Italian Dressing
- Greek Dressing
- French Dressing
- Caesar Dressing
- Balsamic Dressing
These are all of the drink options at Hungry Howies that do not contain wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Diet Pepsi
- Mountain Dew
- Sierra Mist
- Dr Pepper
- Mug Root Beer
Photo: Hungry Howies Facebook page
Items to Avoid at Hungry Howies
- Be careful for cross contamination at Hungry Howies, it’s risky.
- All dough contains gluten, including deep dish and thin crust
- All calzones
- Boneless Howie Wings®
- Ground beef topping
- Steak topping
- Asian Sauce (includes Asian Howie Wings® and Asian Chicken Pizza)
Summary of Gluten Free Menu Options at Hungry Howies
Pro tips and a quick summary of everything gluten free at Hungry Howies
- Hungry Howies has a limited number of items that are gluten free and truly safe for people with Celiac Disease or an allergy.
- When you order, tell them you have a gluten allergy or Celiac Disease so they take precautions with your meal. Even if it’s delivery or pick up, make sure to include this in your order message.
- Two flavors of the bone-in wings and most of the salads can be made gluten free. Watch for cross contamination in the fryers, pizza areas, ovens, etc.
- Hungry Howies has a 4 star rating on Find Me Gluten Free with over 20 ratings. The reviews mostly share about the gluten free pizza crust, and a lot of them are good. They say the pizza is tasty, safe, and there aren’t many people complaining about reactions.
- See other top fast-food menus: McDonalds, Taco Bell, Burger King, Jack in the Box, Hardees
Source: Hungry Howies Facebook page
More Information about Hungry Howies
Looking for additional information about Hungry Howies, their foods, and nutritional/ingredients facts? Here are some resources we’ve found:
- Official Hungry Howies Menu: https://www.hungryhowies.com/menu-categories
- Official Hungry Howies Nutritional PDF: https://www.hungryhowies.com/sites/default/files/hh_nutrition_guide_v10.pdf
- Official Hungry Howies Gluten Free statements: https://www.hungryhowies.com/glutenFRee