Pizza Hut is a popular pizza chain and franchise that started in Wichita, Kansas in 1958. It was started by Dan and Frank Carney, and has since grown into an international business spanning the globe.
From their about page: ‘In 1958, two brothers borrowed $600 from their mom to open a pizza place in Wichita, Kansas. They named it Pizza Hut, because their sign only had room for eight letters. How profound!
Soon, the restaurant grew. Why? The pizza was awesome. The service felt like home. And the customers were treated like family.
And we’ve been delivering that same food and service ever since.’
What is gluten free at Pizza Hut?
In this article and guide, we’ll highlight all the gluten free menu items, sides, and other gf options available at Pizza Hut. Want to learn more nutrition and allergen facts about Pizza Hut’s foods? Check out their gluten free index here.
Pizza Hut has an amazing tool, created in partnership with Udi’s to get gluten free options from the chain.
The company shares this information related to gluten free on their website:
- Pizza Hut® Pizzas that are made with Udi’s® Gluten-Free Crust are currently offered in 1/3 of Pizza Hut® restaurants nationwide. Please go to pizzahut.com and enter your zip code or address for Delivery or Carryout and look for the Gluten Free tab on the Pizza page.
- Pizza Hut uses a separate dedicated roller cutter to cut pizzas made with Udi’s Gluten-Free Crust, which is cut in the box.
- For those simply looking to reduce gluten in their diets, you can Create Your Own pizza made on Udi’s® certified gluten-free crust. Pizza Hut® kitchens are not gluten-free environments. While we do provide the option of gluten-free crust for those looking to reduce gluten in their diet, we cannot guarantee that our restaurant environment or any menu item will be free of gluten. We do not recommend this pizza for customers with celiac disease.
Pizza Hut Gluten Free Menu
These are all the gluten free options we could find at Pizza Hut. Note all items listed below do not contain wheat or gluten, based on the Pizza Hut Gluten Free Tool. These items still have the potential for cross contamination and other traces of gluten, so please keep that in mind.
Notice anything missing or incorrect? Leave a comment below. This article was last updated: June 13, 2022
Pizza Hut provides this statement with their gluten free menu tool:
While Pizza Hut® is proud to offer pizzas made with Udi’s® Gluten-Free Crust, Pizza Hut kitchens are not gluten-free environments. Due to the nature of our menu items, variations in vendor-supplied ingredients, and the use of shared cooking and preparation areas, we cannot assure you that our restaurant environment or any menu item will be completely free of gluten. Select ingredients may contain gluten, refer to the online allergen tool at PizzaHut.com/Nutrition for more information. UDI’S is a registered trademark of GFA Brands, Inc. used under license.
These are all of the gluten-free pizza options at Pizza Hut that do not contain wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Udi’s Gluten Free Crust
- Classic Marinara
- Barbecue Pizza Sauce
- Buffalo Pizza Sauce
- Premium Diced Tomato Sauce
- Provolone Cheese
- Meat Lover’s
- Pepperoni Lover’s
- Veggie Lover’s
- Applewood Smoked Bacon
- Diced Roma Tomatoes
- Fresh Green Bell Peppers
- Fresh Mushrooms
- Fresh Red Onions
- Green Chile Peppers
- Green Olives
- Grilled Chicken
- Italian Sausage
- Mediterranean Black Olives
- Seasoned Pork
- Sliced Banana Peppers
- Sliced Jalapeno Peppers
- Slow-Roasted Ham
- Sweet Pineapple
- BBQ Beef
- Bean Pizza Sauce
- Parmesan Oregano Seasoning
- Crushed Red Pepper Packet
- Grated Cheese Packet
These are all of the dipping sauce options at Pizza Hut that do not contain wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Buffalo Ranch
- Extra Pizza BBQ
- Extra Pizza Buffalo
These are all of the drink options at Pizza Hut that do not contain wheat/gluten ingredients.
- Diet Pepsi
- Mountain Dew
- Mist Twist (Sierra Mist)
Photo: Pizza Hut Facebook page
Items to Avoid at Pizza Hut
- Cross contamination risks are extremely high for Pizza Hut with the shared kitchen space.
- Watch for cross contamination in the fryer too. The wings and fries are not considered gluten free according to Pizza Hut’s food allergy tool, so we recommend avoiding them if you have Celiac Disease or a gluten allergy.
- None of the desserts are gluten free.
- No sides or pasta dishes are gluten free.
Summary of Gluten Free Menu Options at Pizza Hut
Pro tips and a quick summary of everything gluten free at Pizza Hut
- Pizza Hut has a fair number of pizza options for people who are open to the risk with cross contamination. All pizza crusts for gluten free customers are provided by Udi’s.
- When you order, tell them you have a gluten allergy or Celiac Disease so they take precautions with your meal. Even if it’s delivery or pick up, make sure to include this in your order message.
- Pizza Hut has a 2 star rating on Find Me Gluten Free with over 100 ratings. This indicates a poor experience for the majority of customers. We found that many locations near us do not offer gluten free options at Pizza Hut, so we are unable to test out the gf pizza. Other reviews frequently mentioned not celiac friendly and not seeing gf options in their area.
- See other top fast-food menus: Dominos, Jet’s Pizza, Hungry Howies, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Burger King, Jack in the Box, Hardees
Source: Pizza Hut Facebook page
More Information about Pizza Hut
Looking for additional information about Pizza Hut, their foods, and nutritional/ingredients facts? Here are some resources we’ve found:
- Official Pizza Hut Website and Menu: https://www.pizzahut.com/
- Official Pizza Hut Gluten Free Page: https://www.pizzahut.com/index.php#/gluten-free
- Pizza Hut Food Allergy & Sensitivity Tool: https://www.nutritionix.com/pizza-hut/menu/special-diets/premium?allergens=gluten,wheat