Nesquik is a brand of products made by the Swiss company Nestlé who is also known for creating popular confectionary products such as Kit-Kat, Quality Street and Milo which we have also covered here on GlutenBee.
The Nesquik range of drinks started off with a mix for chocolate-flavored milk called Nestle Quik in the United States. Nestle Quik later expanded into Europe, Africa, and Australia as Nesquik.
According to the Nesquik website ” Nesquik includes ingredients that are both nutritious and tasty, whether you’re a toddler, teen or grown-up.” This post was last updated on: August 16, 2023
However, are the ingredients used ideal for you if you are sensitive to gluten and/or suffer from Celiac Disease?
Let’s find out now.
Is Nesquik Gluten-Free?
The Answer is: Some Products*
The following ready to drink products on the Nesquik website show the gluten free icon in their nutritional info.
Nesquik Gluten Free Products
- Nesquik® Lowfat Chocolate (ready to drink beverage)
- Nesquik® Lowfat Strawberry (ready to drink beverage)
- Nesquik® Lowfat Vanilla (ready to drink beverage)
- Nesquik® Lowfat Double Chocolate (ready to drink beverage)
- Nesquik® Lowfat Banana Strawberry (ready to drink beverage)
- Nesquik® Protein Plus Chocolate (ready to drink beverage)
- Nesquik® Protein Plus Buncha Banana (ready to drink beverage)
- Nesquik® Protein Plus Vanilla (ready to drink beverage)
Unfortunately all of the powders and syrups show a ‘may contain wheat’ label, so these are not gluten free.
In our research we found that these products from Nesquik had an allergy label stating the products may contain wheat:
- Nesquik® Chocolate Powder
- Nesquik® No Sugar Added Chocolate Powder
- Nesquik® Strawberry Powder
- Nesquik® Hot Fudge Sundae Powder
- Nesquik® Chocolate Syrup
- Nesquik® Strawberry Syrup
Nestle is a company that will disclose any gluten ingredients on the label. Always check the label and check if the ingredients have changed or if there is warning for allergens such as gluten. Nesquik is made in various manufacturing plants around the world and the ingredients may not always be the same, may contain wheat and may sometime be contaminated. We can confirm that is Nesquik gluten-free by the ingredients list of the various products listed on their website.
Nesquik® Chocolate Club Powder Ingredients
Sugar, Cocoa Processed with Alkali, Less than 2% of Soy Lecithin, Carrageenan, Salt, Natural Flavor, Spice, Monk Fruit Extract. Vitamins and Minerals: Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Ferric Pyrophosphate (Iron), Niacinamide, Copper Gluconate, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Biotin.
Nesquik® Chocolate Club Powder